11/13/08

Scripture Time

James 1:19-27

19My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


These are some very convicting verses. It makes me sad to think how short I fall in living for the Lord. I often feel like I'm not doing enough. I know one of my main concerns should be raising my kid's in a Godly way, but I still feel like I should be able to do more. I need to take that to God and take his leading on it. I also need to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed in training my kids.

Father~ Thank you for your words. Help me to live for you wholeheartedly, and do your will. In your name Amen.

2 comments:

Sarah November 14, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

And it's hard not to become a little lippy. I told an old man today, after he hit his car door HARD into my truck, that he needs to be careful. He said, "well, there's no dent." I said "your lucky, you just need to watch what your doing". He said "you need to watch what YOUR doing..." Wha?? I don't know, I don't think I was very loving, but what do you say when others just don't care! It's SO hard to deal with sometimes!

Genesa November 14, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Sometimes it's so hard to believe what others pull, you just sit and scratch your head and think what in the world! You should ask Megan about shopping in Walmart last Saturday in the hair dept.

It's such a blessing that we have a savior who loves us no matter what and who forgives us no matter what!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP