11/17/08

Scripture Time

James 2:1-4

1My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favoritism. 2Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in. 3If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "You stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," 4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

I think these verses are important ones. It really shouldn't matter how someone is dressed or what they look like we should treat them the same way. I learned when I was working that you can't judge a book by it's a cover. I remember a couple who come in looking at the furniture who were dressed like they didn't have much money and they dropped $20,000 on whatever they wanted. Later a few co-workers were shocked to find out the people were doctors. I in my weirdness respect someone like that more than someone who flaunts what they have to make them look important. The point of these verses is to treat everyone the same no matter what they look like.

Father~ Help us to not judge on appearances. Help us to get to know someones heart and treat them accordingly. In your name amen.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP