12/3/08

Advent

I never really knew what advent was until after I was married. When I was a kid I remember one year we had an advent calender, but I had no clue what it really was. Last year we started celebrating advent w/ our kids. Each day we had a book,movie,craft,or song that we did. It can be very simple, all your doing is preparing for the messiahs birth. This year I received a phone call from my sil. They had read a book last year and she wondered if we would want to borrow it. I of course being so organized had to change my plans of what I had intended to do! And for those of you who really know me, you know I had NOTHING planned this year. I hadn't even thought about it! I told her I'd love to borrow the book. It's in a series of 3 books. The one we are reading is called Bartholomew's Passage. Maybe you've heard of them or are reading them yourselves, if not check them out. They are out of print, but the author is reprinting them at some point. (Kathy correct me if I'm wrong!) When they are reprinted I will be getting my own copies. We've only read a few pages,but it really keeps your attention and you can't wait to read the next story! I'm really enjoying them and I think the kids are too!

http://www.jothamsjourney.com/node/40

2 comments:

Megan December 3, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

Sounds great!! I wonder if the library would have them? Darn I was just there today...

Niki Jolene December 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Sounds great. This is our first year really celebrating with our son. He is attending a Christian preschool and understands so much more about what the holidays really mean.

:)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP