12/17/08

Santa:To believe or not to believe. That is the question.

Wow for such a long title I sure hope this post is worth it!
Santa is a hard thing for so many people, they really aren't sure what to do. I think that Santa is something you have to decide about for yourself in your own house. I'm not going to tell you what to do, I'm only stating my opinion. Like always you can take it or leave it!!!
I grew up knowing Santa wasn't real. My parents always made Christmas about Christ. I thank them dearly for it. We are doing the same thing in our house w/ our kids. They know that Santa isn't real. They do know that St. Nick was a real man, although we haven't talked much about it or read about it. The decision to make our Christmas Christ only was a very easy one for Mark and I. We both feel that telling our kids about Santa and telling them that he brought their presents is a lie. I know a lot of people do Santa and Christ well to me that's a contradiction. I've heard those who say " oh but the excitement of it all"those poor kids are missing out on it. Well I would rather have my kids be excited about the birth of our Lord and Saviour. That is what it's all about to us. I know those who make it about Christ, but still do things w/ Santa too. Yeah maybe it's fun, but why is Jesus not enough? I'm not judging those who do, but I do wonder why they do it? I guess I want my kids to grow up being taught that Jesus is enough in all situations. Like I said you have to decide for yourself, if you haven't decided seek the will of the Lord through prayer. See what he would have you to do. For us we will enjoy the gift God gave us so many years ago and celebrate it.

2 comments:

Megan December 17, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

We are right there with ya!!

The Gaertegang Homestead December 18, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

We do the same with out kids...but at first that was not a popular decision with our parents!! But even though it was not popular that was our decision and we have stuck with and don't regret it for a second. We understand the popular decision isn't usually the one we go with anyway.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP