2/16/09

Scripture Time

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord w/ all your heart lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths.

I'm needing these verses today. It's been a little rough here. We started the day w/ Titus falling off the table. He's been told not to get up there, but what do you expect w/ a 22 month old! I'm hoping that helped him learn to listen a little better. You may ask what was I doing letting my little boy on the table. We were doing bible for school and the phone rang. It was my mil wondering if we would let Brie go to Oregon w/ them for 6 days. So I called Mark to see how he felt about Brie traveling w/ his parents out to Oregon? And that's when Ka Boom goes Titus! Brie gets to fly out w/ her Grandpa this Friday. I'm really excited that she gets to go, but also being a parent I'm really not wanting her to go. I also am jealous because I love Oregon such a beautiful state. I wish I could go too! Zeke of course is a little jealous too, but I told him we'd do some special stuff and I'm hoping that will help! I told him maybe we could go to Chuck E Cheese's and he said yeah lets go for 2 days!! So if you have any ideas for this time of year of something fun let me have them!
I know God's in control and I just need to lean on him!

4 comments:

Sarah February 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I have needed a lot of those same verses too. Just gotta say "I trust You Lord!". It's very hard most days!

Boys will be boys... I hate that statement, but it's very true. They love to do what they are NOT supposed to do! WE have had many a falling off of things... sometimes a broken something or gashes or huge bumps along with that...

Fun THIS time of year for little boys... hmmm. Have you all planted anything, like flowers or anything??? Like, take an egg carton put dirt in the cups, and then plant some flowers (or whatever). Make sure to put them in a warm spot. I know I am going to do this with my boys, I am hoping to do flowers and some garden plants. And they will love to watch them grow. Just make some meals that he loves, special treats, lots of one-on-one time... That would satisfy mine!

Hope you all have fun!

The Gaertegang Homestead February 16, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

HOW FUN!!! Brie is going to love all that grandma time to herself and the whole idea of an adventure together so far away...Have FUN Brie!!!

I love that verse you mentioned..I just love how the Lord knows what we need in every way...He evens knows what verses we need to read on "those days". Don't count on the whole falling off the table will teach him to listen...I know I have hoped that with my own and the lesson usually doesn't last long....
I know this is off the subject but we did the whole go around the table and each person said what they loved about each family member...and then we each went around the rable again and said "I LOVE YOU...to each person" We did this Sunday as we were eating lunch. It was such a precious time and I so loved hearing their innocent answers...Thanks so much for the idea you helped us create some great memories....I think we might just do that every so often just to keep everyone thankful and so each of the kids how much we as a family love and need one another..

Genesa February 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

I wasn't really expecting him to learn his lesson tho it would be nice!!!

Thanks for the ideas Sarah!! I know he will love just getting attention!

Danielle I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! I too was thinking it would be great to do it more often. It is so precious to hear what they say!

Megan February 17, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Oh poor Titus!! Good thing God created us to take lots of bumps...God knew what he was doing!!

We will pray for Brie and for you guys too! I'm sure Brie is VERY EXCITED!!

see you Friday!!

btw..That's one of my favorite verses too. I remember it OFTEN!!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP