2/27/09

Scripture Time

1 Peter 2:1-3

1Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind. 2Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, 3now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Well I wish I could say that these verses are not a stumbling block for me, but of course they are. I wish that I was always craving that pure spiritual milk. I know I should be and really I do have a desire to. But I let life get in the way much too often. I want to live a life that is set apart from the world, a life where people can look at me and not wonder what I'm about. I think I fail miserably. It is something I need to work on a lot.

Father~ I know I don't have to be perfect because you sent your son to die for my sins. I can't thank you enough for that. Help me to change my ways and grow in my salvation. In your name, Amen.

2 comments:

Sarah February 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

We have been talking about this lately in our women's group. Of course GOd's Word isn't a stumbling block, but I know exactly what you mean.

There are times that we have to make a choice. And of course our "human-ness" automatically makes the choice to get angry, get even whatever, but we also have the choice that we don't exercise very well, and that is to rely on Jesus. We have to make ourselves stop and then consciously make the choice. Try going through the day, and before you decide what you are going to do next, stop and pray. Ask what they Lord wants you to do next. IF you were planning on doing some dusting, but the Lord puts on your heart that you need to call someone instead, do it! THe more we let Him direct our pathes, the more "natural" our craving of spiritual milk will be.

It will always be difficult because we are human, we have a sin-nature, but I was actually going to post on this, another woman's blog that I read, has wrote about doing what I wrote about above and she said it was amazing how God directed her day. And if He has a say at how we plan our day, then we will rely on Him for more then just our daily plans.

Genesa February 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Thanks Sarah! That is great advice! I can see where that would give you a whole new prespective.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP