5/4/09

Adventures for today!!!

I know most people would think I'm a nutso for going mushroom hunting with 3 days left til my c-section. Maybe their right, but I LOVE mushroom hunting. I've been going since before I started school. It's a special memory I have of my Dad. We've gone off and on for as long as I can remember often times just him and I. I just love being out enjoying God's creation finding those beautiful mushrooms! If we don't find any it's still great to be out enjoying nature! The last time my Dad and I went was about 3 years ago and I think it was just him and I. (maybe Brie and Zeke too, can't remember!) Well today was a special treat (I guess!!!) my mom, my brother & sil, my sister & bil and all my nieces and nephews came too! Mark and TJ were the only ones who didn't come! Mark had to work and I knew TJ would be iffy to walk that much so he stayed with Grandma! It was a lot of fun, the only bad thing is we didn't find much. Maybe in another week or 2.




This was our first find! A black sponge found by Shawn!


Zeke's first pick! ( He said Brie found it and he picked it!)

This is our whole big find!!! Yeah so we didn't do very good! ( I think about 12 in total)

This large gray sponge was my only find! Yeah it was the biggest!!!
Here is a picture of all the kids except TJ, Jada, and Sarah!

2 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead May 4, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

How awesome!!!! WHere did you all go?? I don't think your crazy...get out and enjoy the weather before your pretty much bound inside b/c of your c-section and new baby!! Sounds like you all had lots of fun!!!

Unknown May 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

We don't think your crazy either.
We love to hunt too!
I can almost taste them right now.
We are going to go hunting tomorrow!
It so amazing to me that something that looks so funny can taste so very very yummy.
So thankful you had a great day!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP