5/31/09

Date!

Zeke and I had our first date yesterday! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I think it's very important that we have some one on one time with our children. In "dating " our children we not only give them quality time, but we can start teaching them the proper way to treat the opposite sex. I know it's going to be at least 11 years til Zeke can go out on a real date, but I think he will know what to expect when he does start dating.(and whats expected of him) Mark and I show the kids what is acceptable. I think it's good to be affectionate, but to remember that they are watching. Ask yourself is this something I would want my child to do while out on a date? If not then you shouldn't do it in front of them. I think this not only includes you and your husband , but this should reflect all aspects of our lives: the way we dress, what we listen to on the radio, and what we watch on T.V. etc. We need to prayerfully consider all of these things.
You can make "dating" as simple as you want. We bought a few books and got a smoothie, not real cheap. Our next date we will be going to the park to play so it will be free. Try to do some things that interest your kids. You could go for a hike, go out to eat, play catch, go fishing, anything!
Zeke is already asking when we get to go on our next date! Mark and Brie went out today on their date to the park, Zeke thought we should go with them!
So go out and have some fun!


This is us getting ready to go!

3 comments:

Elizabeth May 31, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Great idea. With 7 kids we have to work hard at having alone time with them, but it is always worth the effort. It's important towards really getting to know their hearts. I've found that I get to know much more what they are thinking when I have them alone!

The Gaertegang Homestead May 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

FUN!!! Sounds like you had a great time!! One on one time is essential to knowing our children and their hearts...without that relationship element and communication I think we would miss out on so much...I love that time and I know the kids do too!

Megan June 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

great idea Gen! We should probably do something like this too!

Sounds like fun

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP