5/18/09

Do you need a laugh???


The first 24 hours after my c-section I was on a clear diet. I wasn't very excited about it, but I know they have to do it. They brought my first meal around lunch time, just a few hours after the c-section. It was a hearty meal of jello, a Popsicle, a juice, and 2 mugs of hot water. Well I grabbed one of the mugs and took the lid off, it smelled like coffee. At the time I thought how odd that they would give me coffee, but I hadn't eaten since the night before so needless to say I was hungry. I took a drink and it tasted a little bit like coffee, not real strong, but coffee. Well I drank the whole mug and ate the Popsicle, had a little jello, and started on the second mug of "coffee". This whole time I still thought this is so odd, but I tried to enjoy it! Really it wasn't too bad, it was at least filling up my stomach! I had just a tiny bit left in the bottom of my second mug when I started straighting the tray back up. I came across 2 little packets, one a tea bag, and the other a beef broth packet. Yes folks I drank 2 mugs of hot water! I wasn't even smart enough to figure it out! I did make sure that at supper time I didn't just drink the hot water! I found the packets, so I did learn something!

3 comments:

Mominin May 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Even though I had already heard the story, it still made me laugh hard enough I had tears. I guess when I'm having a bad day I'll have to come read it again!! Kind of like Titus' birthday card...couldn't stop laughing at it, either.

Megan May 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Yep still laughing!!!

The Gaertegang Homestead May 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

OH my that is FUNNY!!!! I just kept laughing..not at you as much as I could see myself doing the same thing....then thinking OH MAN are you kidding me...why didn't someone tell me???

Thanks for the laugh!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP