5/9/09

We are home!







Well I won't lie: This was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. This was my 2nd c-section, the 1st one was quite easy. The first few days of course your sore b/c you've been cut open, but really not to bad. I really don't feel a lot different than I did the first time around, a little more tired. Mark and I were feeling a little worried before we went to the hospital. Not that something bad would happen just more of a "we are getting ready to have another kid". Not that we weren't excited, just more shocked. We knew the day he would come, which was part of it too. We got up early Thursday morning and headed to the hospital. When I woke up I felt a great sense of peace. I had spent a lot of the night praying and God had answered my prayers.
We got to the hospital and had all the prep done and sat and waited a little bit for the Dr's. Then they wheeled me down to the o.r. I think it went pretty normally starting out! We found out later that she almost couldn't get him out. He was laying funny in me and she had a hard time grabbing him. The Dr. assisting is the one who had to grab him. So he's out and crying! Yay!
She went to work on closing me up, but things didn't go like planned! She had a few spots that she couldn't get to stop bleeding. One was quite bad I guess. This resulted in me receiving 2 units of blood. I believe they knocked me out during this time. (I remember none of it) When I woke up in the recovery room I just kept asking the poor nurse for my baby! I think she finally got tired of me and took me up to see my baby! My platelet count is still low, but I have iron to take and I'm feeling better and better!
Thank you for your prayers, we really appreciated it!

4 comments:

Megan May 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

Still praying for ya! Glad you made it home!

He looks so big in the car seat picture!

Mominin May 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Glad you're home. He looks so cute in that outfit. And I agree with Megan, he looks big in that car seat picture!!

Unknown May 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Glad you made it home!
Praise the Lord for Dr.'s who know what to do.
We'll be praying that your platelet counts goes up this week.
Take it easy and enjoy that little Blessing. he is precious!

The Millers May 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

He looks so cute! Congratulations and we can't wait to see him:)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP