6/30/09

Child training Tuesdays


Go here to check out more training tips!
This week Elizabeth is asking about chores and allowance. Just this morning I went to this site and printed off chore charts for the older kids. It was really easy and free. I'm going to laminate ours and then they can mark them off with a dry erase marker. They have to clean their bathroom, get dressed, brush their teeth, clean their rooms, and take care of their dirty/clean clothes. Something else they do most everyday is pick up all the toys before bed. (I didn't put this on their charts) I think that our kids get off pretty easy. Brie will often help me cook or clean. We don't pay our kids at this point. We've discussed it often, but we are unsure what we should do. If we did an allowance it would be handled by 10% going to God, 10% in savings and the rest to ....... I suppose what they wanted to save for with in reason. I'm looking forward to seeing what others do!

3 comments:

Elizabeth June 30, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Interesting chore chart site, Genesa, I look forward to looking that over. I have chores in our house all set, and we do zones with the kids (I think I discussed all that in a previous post), but we too have struggled with payment/reward, and what to do about it? We can't decide, what, if anything, kids should be paid for. This is where we are really stuck right now. I also have checklists for the kids' zones, but was hoping for ideas for an overall family chore chart/charts....thanks for passing on that website!!

Aimee June 30, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

I'm glad to see we aren't the only ones who don't do the allowance thing. Our kids seem to think they are the only children on earth who don't receive an allowance!

The Gaertegang Homestead June 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Well we did chore charts all last school year...For Lance and Caleb we decided on $3 each week for a FULLY COMPLETED chart....$1 Zach...as you said they have to tithe, and save portions and then they get to save for something with the 80% remaining. For each item on the chart NOT COMPLETED .25 is deducted from their starting amount. I only remember maybe one or two weeks they got their full amount of $$. Also the charts are up and I do not remind/nag them about their chores...they are responsible to get them done if they want to get paid. We decided on payment at this age b/c we felt that we wanted them to start learning how to handle money at a young age.....not really that they DESERVED to get paid for helping around the house. If you want more details to what is on each of there list you can email me...I would happy to pass it on :)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP