10/19/09

Rice Recipes

When I buy rice I get it with my mil at Sam's Club. We prefer the Jasmine rice. It has good flavor and it cooks well! We buy a 25# bag and split it up. (I figured up the cost of the rice and it's 15 cents per cup.)



This is our favorite recipe, we have this quite often.
Herbed Rice
1 cup rice (jasmine)
1 1/2 cups water
1 Tbl. Chicken bouillon
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 Tbl. garlic
2Tbl. butter
I mix everything together in a casserole dish, and put the butter on top. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees!

Just a word of advice or warning: I gave this recipe to my friend and she said it didn't turn out, like the rice was crunchy. I've had this happen a few times when it gets over baked waiting for Mark to come home. When I've used different rice (not jasmine) it hasn't turned out as well either. I also don't cover it when I bake it. It's an easy yummy rice. I hope this doesn't scare you from trying it!!!

Fried Rice
If you don't have leftover rice cook rice according to the directions (using chicken broth instead of water) (I try to use around a cup)
Saute in oil carrots, onion, and celery
Add egg and stir, add rice, meat of your choice, and 2 Tbl. soy sauce.
Enjoy!
Do you have any rice recipes your family loves????

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP