1/14/10

Repurposed......

I've wanted to buy a shelf for a corner in my kitchen for a few years. I had problems finding something I liked that was in my price range! I saw a shelf I wanted and was saving money to get it. This weekend I was checking out a blog and she was showing her sons loft. They had some furniture they had gotten for free and she fixed it up. Well I started thinking about what I had in my basement, that no longer served any purpose. I'm *thrilled* with the way this shelf turned out.
The first 2 pictures are what I started with!





Here it is in the process of being painted.



And here it is all finished. I have some other ideas of some inexpensive decorating techniques I want to try. I have to wait and see if my ideas will work or not! I have a basket that is dark wood that fits great on this shelf, so I'm hoping to be able to get several more for it. This should help it look nice and organized!



After doing the shelf, I had another brainstorm. I have a little old dresser in the basement. I could store all sorts of stuff in the drawers to help with organization! I talked to Mark about it, he gave me the go ahead. So last night I went down spray painted it and brought it upstairs into the "foyer".


I used black spray paint, make sure it's flat. (if this is the look you're going for) I sanded both pieces up a little bit and then sprayed them. It was as easy as that. Then I took the sand paper and sanded some of the edges to give the "worn" look. We bought 2 cans of spray paint for $8. (you could maybe get them cheaper at a Walmart type store) I LOVE the way these turned out, and I love that it was a frugal project. Do you have anything you could repurpose?

5 comments:

Anonymous January 14, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

I always knew that you were a gloriously creative crafty queen! :)
~Melissa

Mominin January 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Looks great!!

Mom of three little Princesses January 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM  

Spray paint! My best friend! It's amazing what you can change with just a little paint! Looks great, I love the one with the drawers, you want to sell it! LOL

Megan January 14, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Absolutely perfect!!! So happy for you! I love black paint too!

The Gaertegang Homestead January 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Always amazing what a coat of paint or two can do! Great job!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP