3/22/10

205

I debated sharing this, I just wasn't sure that I should. I tried several times to dismiss it, but it continued to come back. I felt that since it continued to be with me, I was supposed to share it. I hope that this will help someone out. God is totally the one giving me the strength to do this, the drive and the determination. The glory goes to him, with out him I would still be trying to figure out how to achieve this goal.

Well this # could mean a lot or just a little. It all depends on how you look at it. For me it is a lot.....


2 weeks ago my sil and I started to exercise. That big number up there was my starting weight. I'm sure a lot of you are saying holy cow I can't believe your sharing your weight with the world. Well I'm not one to get hung up on numbers. Yes, it is A LOT, but I won't let it define who I am. Does it really matter what you all think of my weight, to me, not at all.
This morning when I stepped on the scale I was under 200. I was very very excited! I'm so thankful that it is going down. I know that with Gods help it will keep going down.

Gluttony- derived from the Latin gluttire meaning to gulp down or swallow, means over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or intoxicants to the point of waste.

I was gluttonous, no doubt about it....

Before I started this journey, I confessed my sin of gluttony to the Lord, I asked him to forgive me and to help me change. I know that he has forgiven me and I really feel like he is helping me to change. I'm shocked at how much I've changed in just 2 weeks. I'm continuing to ask Him for help and giving him the glory for my success. I know I will still have a bad day every now and again, but I can wake up the next morning and start over again.

I feel that to be my best for God I need to be healthy. When I'm at least 50lbs overweight I'm not being my best. I'm not allowing God to use my body to further his kingdom. I want to open my heart fully to him and hear him call me. That's not to say he's going to call me to be a missionary or something along those lines, but I want to be ready for whatever he throws at me. Even if he wants to call me for something many would look at and think it's pointless or menial, I want to be ready. Anything he calls us to do is worthy of doing. If I'm willing and able to work on this sin and get it taken care of, then I can keep facing my other sin head on and try to deal with it and move forward.

3 weeks ago my sil and I were talking about starting this back up and how we could make it work. In talking about it, she mentioned goals, and starting small. Her first goal was to be sure she was drinking enough water. I'm still breastfeeding so I thought that was a good goal for me to have, so I jumped on the bandwagon. 2 weeks ago we started walking, this week we are starting c25k. (couch to 5 k) I track my nutrition at SparkPeople, and I have replaced snacks with fruits and veggies. If I can do this anyone can.
I think it's important to start small, one step at a time. Don't get hung up on a big number. Work towards a small goal first.

8 comments:

Jen March 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

I am so proud of you for sharing this. I recently have lost over 50 pounds... and this time I have kept it off because I gave it to God!

I will be praying for you and I have faith that you can over come this! 1 Cor 9:24 - run to win the race!!!!!!

Sarah March 22, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

I admire you! Food can be as big an addiction as smoking, or drinking or drugs! Numbers DON'T mean anything, but our relationship with God DOES. Mandessa (the singer) said when I saw her sing in Fort Wayne in October or November at a women's conference that she struggled with the same thing and she didn't think that she was glorifying the God she sang about by making FOOD a god to her. She may have a web site somewhere where you can see how great she is doing...

I will pray for you and your progress! It;s an awesome step to realize where the Lord wants us to "step it up"... I always say start small, one thing at a time, and I CAN make it a habit that way!

<3

Megan March 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

You're awesome, Gen!! You're doing an great job and I know you can reach your goals! God is all that matters and He will help you every step!!

Thanks for the great post and being so honest! I'm sure you will inspire and help many others too!

Anonymous March 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Good luck! I will pray for you on your journey. I just made it through this myself and know that it is an every day battle against temptation. The c25k program is such a good motivator. I am making myself run a 5K
every few months to stay motivated in my exercise, and it is helping. I hope it all goes well, and let me know if you ever want a 5K buddy :).
-Janelle

Mominin March 22, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Great job, Gen!! You made me realize that I need to do much better. Thanks for your honesty.

The Gaertegang Homestead March 22, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Like you said it's just a #, don't let define you...let it inspire you! I think it sounds like you are well on your way! Great post...very inspiring and honest and God honoring. I think it's important to share what is God has laid on our hearts...no matter how we think it mind sound to other people. God will use it for good.....I'll be cheering you on all the way to your goal! (praying for right now!)

Lori Yoder March 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Good Job Genessa!
You are a great inspiration! I need to start moving on this path again. Thanks for the reminder and great post!

Genesa March 23, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies! I greatly appreciate your prayers! To God be the glory.....

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP