3/4/10

From Scratch....

Sarah is encouraging us to cook more from scratch. Did you try a new recipe this week? Go visit Sarah to share with us.

This week is pretty normal week for me. Bread, rolls, etc. It was time to make granola again, so I'm sharing the recipe with all of you.
Granola
6 cups rolled oats (not quick)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (whatever kind you like)
1/2 cup coconut
3/4 powdered milk
1 tsp. salt
Combine above ingredients on a large cookie sheet.
Heat:
2/3 cup oil
2/3 honey
1 Tbl. vanilla
Then stir into dry ingredients.
Bake @ 350 degrees 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Bake until light brown. Cool well before storing.
This is my mil's recipe. It is very easy and very tasty!
Here it is in a glass (of course!) quart jar.

1 comments:

Sarah March 4, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

We LOVE granola (and then making it into granola bars also). As I started to type this message, I see that my baby has stolen a granola bar that we made last night. I guess that I don't mind that he has taken a granola bar! That's about as healthy as you can get!

Thanks for linking up! I love to see your recipes each week! :)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP