3/25/10

From Scratch....




It's time for our scratch cooking series from Sarah over at 8-muddy boots. Sarah is trying to encourage us to cook from scratch. It's normally healthier and it's normally cheaper!
This week was normal! I made Grandmother bread over the weekend and I will be making it again today! I need to make granola in the next few days too. I made several soups this week and our Stromboli. We put ham and cheese, tomato, pepper,onion and garlic in the Stromboli and it turned out really good!
I'm going to share our pancake recipe which I made yesterday morning.
This is the original pancake recipe.
Here is how I make it:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (I add some vinegar to milk to make my buttermilk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
I put all ingredients in my blender. (you may want to start with the oats just to be sure they blend well) I mix well in the blender and then pour into my hot skillet. (*The batter is somewhat thin*) We LOVE these pancakes. As you know I'm trying to watch my weight, these are pretty healthy. They have around 60 calories, and a little over 1 gram of fat! (we get around 20 pancakes out of this recipe.)

Here they are, a nice pretty blue color!

Go visit Sarah and share your recipes!

2 comments:

Lori Yoder March 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Those look so yummy! I will be trying them very soon!

Sarah March 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

So, happy to see you this week! :) I LOVE the blue... My boys would especially love it too...

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP