10/11/10

I"ve got the JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY down in my heart..

Let me tell you it is a wonderful thing that I have the JOY!! If I didn't I'm not sure what I would do. I know I haven't been on in a while, but I just had to share some of my JOY of late!

We just put in bamboo flooring, totally loving it! I still don't have everything put back together yet, but it is getting closer! Any of you who have done a project like that know what I'm talking about.

We start our morning out with breakfast and then cleaning and chores! M, F we do 30 minutes, T, W, TH- 20 min. It works well for me and it helps me stay on top of our housework. Then we get right to school.

Last week I told the kids to go start working in the laundry room. They needed to clean up their shoes and some other misc. items. Well they came running to me, saying the floor is all wet. What??? I go check and yeah it's wet. We dried it up and I was praying it was just a fluke. We had our service guy out today, not looking real great for a fluke!! I also learned that you are NOT supposed to soak clothes in your washer. Did you all know that already? I didn't!! =) Of course had I not soaked clothes overnight we wouldn't know that we have a slow leak!

The night before Brie had taken a bath in our tub. I told her she needed to put the toys away. While walking through our bedroom one area was wet. I asked her if she spilled water all over the floor with the toys. She said, no. I assume it has to be why the floor is wet, I check all the rest of the floors expecting to find a trail...nothing. I tried to dry the water out of my room the best I could. Later when Mark got home I walked through the room again and I said what is going on, this is still really wet. Well you know how the washer leaked...it went under the baseboard trim into our bedroom. So now the bedroom is torn up trying to make sure we get no mold or other damage. Are you all jealous of me yet, don't be, just wait it's going to get better!

This morning Zeke was using our bathroom. He came out and got busy with his chores. After 15 minutes or so he went to put his cleaning rag away in the dirty laundry and this is what played out: Z- You do not want to go into your bathroom, it's flooded. Me- WHAT? Z- Repeats it again. I run into the bathroom, all I can say is WOW. He was not exaggerating. I walked on to the floor and it was a good 2-3 inches deep, all over the floor. Not just around the toilet, ALL OVER! In case you're wondering yes I was able to laugh about it.

I'm feeling confident that God is trying to tell us something. I think it has to deal with water, what do you think? Maybe we're supposed to put in a pool! Anyone good at interpretation?

Edit~ I guess I didn't make this known...Zeke clogged the toilet, flushed it and it was running. Because it was running and it was clogged the water had no where to go, but all over my floor! (Because someone asked...no it seemed to be very clean water!) =)

2 comments:

Mominin October 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

So, what's leaking in the bathroom?? Sounds like you're getting more new flooring? Glad you can be joyful about it.

Love the picture. Where did you take it? Titus looks way too old in it!

Megan October 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

Hey we heard about your overly eventful week! I love your pool interpretation!!!

The picture is great! I agree with Shannon, Titus looks way grown up!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP