9/24/11

School Room

I love to check out school rooms! It's always interesting to me to see how they display things, how they organize things, really just what they have going on in their room. My room is feeling a little more complete so I decided to share some pictures! I'm going to say that it's not done 100%, and I won't be shocked if it gets changed around a bit. I'd love to add a really nice world map,an area to hang the kid's art projects, and a work station for the little boys.


This is the view when you walk into the room... When we built our house, I HAD to have a formal dining room. I'm really happy now that I did, it makes an excellent school room! I hope some day to get a light something like this, we'll see!


We have two bookshelves in the room. They hold all sorts of stuff! This one holds math manipulative's, activities for Reuben and Titus, toys for them to play with, books to read, and some of my supplies. (pens, scissors,dry erase markers)


This shelf holds our core curriculum books ~ math, spelling, grammar, art, science, and bible. It also has some toys and activities for the little boys!


We have a total of 5 gutter shelves in this room! Whoever came up with this idea was a genius! They take up a small amount of space and hold a fair amount of books! I first saw this on my sisters blog.



This room is pretty small, in past years we worked at a small round table. My brain is non stop thinking of ways to improve spaces, it's a sickness, really! =) In my thinking I decided a counter top would take up much less space than the table...I was right! I LOVE the counter! It's turned out to be a wonderful thing! Getting it on the wall was a bit of a brainstorm, but with the advice of my dad, brother and Mark we (they) figured it out!



This is the "paper" holder up close! My awesome brother made this for me! I'm super excited with how it turned out. The idea for this came from this cute little blog! I loved it as soon as I saw it. I had a few changes because of the size of the space I wanted to put it, but I think it turned out great! Thanks Shawn!


Now onto a few of my favorite things in the room... I love having pictures in my room, it's great to be working on something and look up and see my favorite people and places! I probably have too many pretty things in this room, but we spend A LOT of time in this room. I wanted it to be pretty and functional!
The candy is something they get when they've done something great, or have done something without complaining!
The last picture... a verse to encourage, some pretty stuff, and a flashcard significant to our family!!






I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek into our school room! Thanks for stopping in!

3 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead September 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

LOVING it!! Thx for sharing! I also live seeing how others put together their spaces.....which is probably I'm
Also addicted to Pinterest!

Megan September 24, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Love your room!!

Mominin September 24, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

It looks great!!! Where did you get your candy jars? I need me some of those!!!!! I think I'll be doing some pinning of your room. I love the flash card idea, too!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP