10/22/08

Scripture Time

Ephesians 4:17-32

17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26"In your anger do not sin"[
d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


I think these verses are encouraging, but also convicting. It's got some great advice on how we should be living. Verse 29 is very (to me) convicting. Do we always have wholesome talk? Do we always build others up? I know I don't.

Father~ Forgive me for not building others up. I have problems w/ many of these things listed bitterness,rage and anger, slander. Help me to be kind and compassionate to others. In your name Amen.

3 comments:

Sarah October 22, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

Genesa- Thanks for commenting on my blog today. But I erased all of the mess that was going on!!! Clearly, her doctorine was completely different. And I am too attached to the whole thing, because my parents are at her church. So it's frustraiting. And like your entry says here, I was not bringing glory to God, by getting upset! I just want Him to have the GLory, so I got too upset because some don't believe that Jesus covered all things on the cross. We DO want to please Him, and I edited my post to say you can be saved by believing, but we do want to please Him, so we will do more. Anyways, Thank you. And I love your verses here!

Genesa October 23, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Sarah- I will pray for you. I really hope you have peace about what you were saying. I think you were speaking the truth. (no I know you were) I know it's not easy but maybe she will come around and realize her error! Your blog has been a huge blessing to me! Thank You!

Sarah October 25, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

...thank you. Totally diving in and finding out how His word should be impacting my life as a mom, wife & daughter to Him, has been a huge blessing. I also am glad to have found your blog! Where ever His words are being spoken, in TRUTH, I want to be there!!! Keep up HIS good work!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP