11/5/08

Obama won.

I can't lie I'm not thrilled. I don't know what it will mean for our country. I suppose none of us will until it happens. I've heard some people say probably it won't change much and I've heard the exact opposite that basically the world is coming to an end. I of course don't know what will happen. Mark and I don't follow politics very closely. We both vote on moral issues more than anything else. So I don't know much of what Barack has said. I've heard others talk about it and some things they've said I just think can't even be possible for him to do. I've also heard that now he will spend the next several months talking down all his plans that got him elected. If that happens I can't believe that Americans will just say OK, we still love you. Surely we aren't that dumb. I think the only thing we can do is stand strong in the Lord. If you aren't a very strong Christian (which would be me!) I think this is the time to jump into God's word like your life depends on it, cause it may. Know him more intimately.

Romans 13:1-7
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

I think this is clear we are to obey the law, unless it goes against God. Lets trust in Him and stand strong!

Father~ I know you know all about the election. You knew Obama would win and even though a lot of people think he shouldn't have he still hold us in the palm of your hand. You are in control and I will praise you no matter what comes! In your name Amen.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP