11/6/08

Scripture Time

Well we are done with Ephesians so now it's on to James.

James 1:1-8
1 This letter is from James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am writing to the “twelve tribes”—Jewish believers scattered abroad.
Greetings!
Faith and Endurance 2 Dear brothers and sisters,[
a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. 7 Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.


I normally do the scripture in NIV, but when I was reading it out of the bible I liked that version better so it's new living translation.
James is written by James. I really like these verses. It's a great reminder that even if we are struggling or having hardships we need to let it be an opportunity for joy. If we have endurance in the Lord we will be ready for anything. Also a great reminder that if we ask God for wisdom he will give it to us, but we need to be asking for the right reasons. How many of us are like those in verse 8? I know I'm guilty of that more often than I should be. I know God is in control and I know he wants my undivided attention, but it's not always easy for me. I get caught up in things of this world far too often.

Father~ Thank you for the encouragement of these verses. Help me to give you the time I need too. We both know that I struggle with that a lot. Help me to bring you glory and to put away things of this world. In your name Amen.

1 comments:

Sarah November 7, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

2 is like the song "Bring the Rain". When we are surrounded by the world, it is hard sometimes not to be crushed by it...

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP