11/10/08

Scripture Time

James 1:9-11

9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.

I think these verses are similar to the ones in Matthew talking about it being difficult to enter the kingdom of Heaven if your wealthy. It' s not impossible but it is more of a challenge. Also in Matthew you can't serve both God and Money.
Another translation says (verse 9) Christians who are poor should be glad. What is poor? Not being able to pay your bills, having to live in a homeless shelter, having to stand in line at a food pantry to get your food? Or am I misreading these verses? Cause I don't know about you guys but none of those things apply to me at this point and time, at some point it might. Right now I'm beyond blessed we can still pay our bills and we have a house and food. My husband still has a job. So help me out on these verses what are they saying to you?

Father~ Thank you for all you do for me and my family. It's amazing to think about just how great you are. In your name Amen.

1 comments:

Sarah November 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

I think it is probably harder to let go of what you have, the MORE you have. If you have a huge house with all the fixin's, fancy cars, vacations all the time... then you have to give it up? That would be tough. But if you live in a shelter or on the streets and have a shirt. pants and shoes as your only possesions, then you would probably gladly give up those to live in a mansion in heaven!!! The more you have here, the more you are attached to the things here...

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP