1/6/09

Scripture Time

James 4:1-3

1 What is causing the quarrels and fights among you? Don’t they come from the evil desires at war within you? 2 You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.

Are we guilty of asking for things w/ the wrong motives? I can only speak for myself and I have to say of course. I time to time struggle w/ looking @ others and wanting what they have. My husband is good @ helping me with this,by pointing out to me that we all have different circumstances. I've been reminded time and again that I need to be thanking God everyday for what he's given me. I don't deserve most of what I have, but I try to remember who gave it to me and that it ALL belongs to him and if he wants it back he can take it.

Father~ Thank you for your blessings. I'm truly amazed by You. Help me to be seeking your will and talking to you on a regular basis. Help me to not think about what I want,but about how I can help others and how I can further your kingdom. In your name Amen.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP