8/11/09

A couple of things......

I'm sorry that I haven't been real regular lately. I've been busy trying to keep up with life! I'm sure you can all relate! I guess I'm not good at getting everything done. I'm glad that if I'm going to let something slip it's this! I have figured a few things out: It's very important to me that I keep my house clean. I have a huge sense of peace when my house is in order, so I've been making it a priority! I've also realized that I tend to have a lot of LAZY tendencies, but they really don't fit with what I want out of life so I'm working really hard to keep working. I try not to sit down until the evening. School is also a priority, I want my kids to love to learn and to have fun at it. I'll just say we are still working on this!!!! I'm doing good at getting it done, but my kids haven't gotten their part down yet!

Lastly, I started this blog for one reason and one reason only, my daily walk with God. I have really let that slip and I'm hoping to get it back on track. I've never been the christian that I want to be or that I should be. I have a really hard time reading the word everyday, I let just about anything come between God and I. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true, I'm very spiritually immature. I know I need to make God first in my life, but it's something I have a hard time with. I would covet all your prayers at this time and also any advice you have on making the Lord first in my life. Thank you all!

Here is a picture of Zeke at his first soccer game from this weekend!

3 comments:

KIN August 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

I'll be praying. Know that none of us get it all done. :) That is one of my biggest frustrations here - it is never all done!! I'm learning (I hope) to chill.

And, we all need to keep striving for more in our walk with Him. I guess I'm saying, you are not alone my friend!

The Gaertegang Homestead August 11, 2009 at 9:34 PM  

I can just hear your heart in these matters! I can also feel your despair in trying to make life work all together like you want it to....I think we all can relate so much with what you said about striving to be better Christian and growing in our daily walks.
I have found for me personally that I was at my best in the middle of day (back when I had only one or two kids) so when they napped, the first thing I did was sit down and take my quiet time. Before anything else on my "things I need to get done today list"...Quiet time always came first and I found I was more productive at the same time with doing that first than I would be to skip it all together. But at this season in my life I realize quiet time in the middle of the day just can't happen..now we have 4 kids and only 2 that nap...only one that always naps...we have school work and housework and well you know the drill of the daily grind! So I have to force myself to get out of bed early (which is not my favorite thing) and take my quiet time before anyone else wakes up (at least kids). It REALLY is the ONLY quiet time I really get around here by myself!!! I do not love getting out of bed early but I do cherish that time in the word each morning. I feel like I can start my day off with my perspective in the right direction (even when I am now reading in the old testament in 1 Kings and feel lost most of time.) It still is time well spent...now if I could only do much better with my prayer life...that part is such an on and off thing for me....I don't want it that way...my mind wanders easily with all the other "stuff" floating around in my head...I get distracted loose my train of thought then give up....I am committing to improving that area of my walk...you've inspired me with such an honest post to get working on it!! So first on my list YOU!!! I will pray for you right now!!

Megan August 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

I'm with you girls!

Praying for you, I'd love prayers too! It's beyond hard to get everything done and sometimes it just has to wait till tomorrow.

I've found too that my mood is MUCH BETTER when the house is at least picked up. I wouldn't say it's clean. No white gloves here please!!

I've been able to keep up with the chapter a day and am almost through the new testament. Still need lots of work on my daily reading and prayer life but small steps I might be making!

Zeke looks so cute! Did he have fun???

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP