1/7/10

Baby it's cold outside....

Last week our town had a winter festival. They come and carve these sculptures, they have snowmobile racing, and a chili cook off. Next year I want to come and watch them carve, I think the kids would REALLY find that cool. We went up town last evening and checked them out.
Here are some of our favorites. One of the coolest is a horse (last year it was a horse and carriage) and we didn't get a picture of that one.

Brie with a Star Wars thing. (sorry I'm sure some of my nephews are slapping their foreheads saying she doesn't know what this is called!!) (I do know which movie it's from, but sorry no name!!!)


A cow! (some people thought it was a pig!)

A fish!

The kids posing with a gingerbread family!

Probably my favorite: Nativity, so beautiful!


Titus w/ a teddy bear in a wagon! (aren't they cute!)


The family posing w/ snowmen!

Zeke posing with the dove! (we're hoping he finds peace in the new year!!) =) It even has an olive branch, but he's blocking it!


I think this is the biggest one this year! (last year it was an angel)
Our town is dead at night so it was a quite serene (and very cold!) evening looking at these beautiful sculptures. We all had a great time, and can't wait til next year!

6 comments:

Megan January 7, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I love the nativity too! Very cool!

grandma for jesus January 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

Great pictures! They are really cool maybe next year we can have an evening of sculpture viewing then back for hot chocolate! I would love to see them.

Shyfroggy January 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Great Pictures...I love the nativity. I wish we could get snow and ice and all that fun stuff in Florida!

Sarah January 7, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

There is one in Columbia City towards the end of January, I think we are going to try to go to. I think my boys would love it too.

The Gaertegang Homestead January 7, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

ohhh...when Zeke finds his peace would you send some down here to my Caleb???!!! LOVE all the ice sculptures....We plan to visit the one in CC also since it is so close to us!! HOW FUN!!

Unknown January 9, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Too Fun!!!!
Our town does this too. But with the kidos being so little we haven't gone out in the cold yet to see all the fun, maybe next year!

Hey I have a question,
Do you use Baking Soda in your cloth Diaper wash?
Ours our starting to get stinky and I was wondering if that might help?
Thanks,

Carra

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP