1/29/10

Tapioca

Tapioca Pudding

Soak 1/2 cup tapioca overnight. (I soaked mine for about 3 hours this morning and it worked fine) I buy my tapioca in bulk @ my local bulk food store.
I only add 1 cup of sugar,instead of the1.5 it calls for. I know not a huge reduction, but if I'd cut it anymore my can would get kicked! =)
Mix 1 quart (4 cups)milk and 3/4 cup sugar, bring to boil.

Drain your tapioca and then add it to milk mixture. Cook and stir till tapioca is clear. My directions say at least 30 minutes, I don't think I've ever cooked mine that long.

This is after about 8 minutes, you can see they are almost clear.

Then beat 3 eggs, add 3/4 cups sugar and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla to above mixture and bring to a full boil.
Tip: When adding eggs to something hot take some out of the hot and add it to your eggs. Stir it up and then your eggs won't take on a scrambled texture when you add it back into the hot pot.
Here it is finished!

Does your family like Tapioca Pudding? It's one of our families favorites. I remember my Grandma making this ALL the time.

2 comments:

Megan January 29, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

Thanks for the recipe, my man will love it esp. if I start making it!!

Kelly L January 31, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

I love tapioca pudding - thanks

Kelly
http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP