2/23/10

I'm so excited!

My family is looking into getting honey this spring. I think we are all really excited. We have been doing some experimenting with cooking with honey, so far we are very pleased with what we've found.


I made this , using honey! I think we all thought it was very good!
Here is how I did it.....
This is my pie crust, I used 100% whole wheat flour. (and yes I know my crust skilz could use some work, I'm teachable!)



I took 3/4 cup honey,6 Tbl. cornstarch, and between 1-1.5 cups of water. I followed the directions here and let it get thick and bubbly. I continued to follow the directions. Here are some changes I made.... I added only 2 Tbl. of butter, 1 tsp. vinegar and no lemon extract. I kept the lemon juice the same.

The next time I make this I will use 1/2 cup of honey, and add a little more lemon juice.

Meringue recipe: 3 egg whites, 2 Tbl. sugar, 1tsp. vanilla

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP