2/10/10

Pretzels

Here is the recipe I used. The only change I made was I added 1.5 cups whole wheat flour. I didn't add the kosher salt either. When I got mine out of the oven I put them on a cooling rack. I had 2 Tbl. melted butter I lightly brushed on. (I put my cookie sheet under the rack, that way any excess could run off.)



12 pieces of dough soon to become pretzels.


Here's a little video of Zeke making them. (So easy a 5 year old can do it!)

*hint* The thinner and longer the rope the prettier they will turn out.







Ready to go in the oven.

When the pretzels came out of the oven we used these yummy dips to dip into. (You could also make cinnamon sugar pretzels.)

Does this all make sense? If you have any questions please ask! I feel like my brain is only in partial working order today!

This has nothing to do w/ pretzels, but I just loved his "outfit"! He was ready to go in the snow 1st thing this morning!

3 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead February 10, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Yep makes sense!
Super cute little guy...he's gonna get a little cold with that get-up!

Mominin February 10, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

So, do these taste like the ones we used to make? Close?

Genesa February 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

I think they are really good. I don't think they are quite as good, but like I told Megan......I really don't remember them. It's been a long time since we had those. 13 years...... OH HOLY COW I'm getting old.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP