1/26/11

More on Unit Studies

I'm going to start by saying that it was a lot bigger job than I thought it was going to be. I spent a lot of time, I mean a lot of time formulating a plan. Starting was easy, we each picked some topics that we wanted to learn more about. We have to have 180 days of school, so we had 8 topics that we studied for 4 weeks, we then had 4 character studies.



I'm going to give you just one of our topics and try to show you how I went about it.



~Spanish Language~

- defined language.

-found locations that have Spanish as their native language

- found as many books about Spanish culture as I could

-looked up Spanish explorers



This is the first unit we studied. On our first day of school we read the definition of language. We looked at languages, and listened to some different languages being spoken on the Internet. Talked about people we knew that spoke different languages, and named as many different languages as we could. We then went to a map (I had already labeled it) and looked at the different Continent's and the countries within those continents that spoke Spanish. We have this Spanish Curriculum, and we started to watch the first disc.
The books we read will be coming in a later post.

1 comments:

Megan January 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

Sounds like a great study!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP