2/9/11

MOM...I"M BORED!

Do your kids ever say that to you???

I was starting on supper one night and I was about ready to loose my patience, when this beautiful glorious idea struck me!!
I got 3 pint jars out and put 1 spoon of food coloring in each jar. Red in one, blue in one, and yellow in one. I then got out 6 half pints and filled them a little less than half full. (each kid got 2) We have lots of syringes from medicines, so I got 3 of those out, 1 for each pint. The kids then created all kinds of fun colors! (Art class!!)
Titus learned what it takes to make certain colors and Brie and Zeke learned some new ones too! This occupied my kids for a good hour, and they begged to do it after supper. I put lids on the pints and they have done it again and again. Since we don't have city water this was an almost free activity, and they have really enjoyed it! The mess wasn't too bad, either!!




































3 comments:

Mominin February 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Looks like a lot of fun!!!

Megan February 9, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

Looks like a fun idea!!

Melissa February 15, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Wonderful idea!

My littlest "I'm bored" princess can be entertained for quite some time with a paintbrush and some water and of course some fencing to "paint." :)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP