2/4/11

Books

My next 2 reads...




The giver...was not at all what I thought it would be. I've seen this book highly recommended, so decided to read it. It's a good book, don't get me wrong, but odd. I'm not trying to say you shouldn't read odd books, I just wasn't expecting it to be like it was!
It is about a boy named Jonas, he lives in a "perfect" world. (It's almost like a bubble world, no pain, no real feelings, etc.) When he turns 12 he receives his assignment, and it turns out to be something he doesn't expect or understand at first.














I thought this was a pretty good book, an easy read. It was easy to get into. It's about an Amish boy who is shunned or dismissed. (at 19) He has a child who is being raised by his grandparents (who are Amish!) He doesn't know about the child, and that's all I'm going to say! I don't want to spoil it, in case any of you read it.

2 comments:

Melissa February 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM  

Have you read Max Lucado's 3:16? I really enjoyed it, very meaty.

The little ladies and I are currently listening to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. Considered science fiction, not 100% suitable for little ears (under 8).

On my own I am reading the Lumby Lines series by Gail Fraiser. Books take place in the small town of Lumby, not high-excitement but interesting and perfect for me. I am on book #4 of 5.

May be reading Home to Harmony series next or re-reading At Home In Mitford series by Jan Karon. A WONDERFUL series, quite wholesome and encouraging.

I am enjoying your book reviews! :)

Genesa February 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Thanks Melissa! Right now I'm reading Uncle Tom's Cabin! It's not going quite as quick as these others went! I'm far enough into it that if it were a normal book, I'd be done, but I still have 4-500 pages left! I have several on my list to read, I'll have to add yours to it!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP