11/6/11

Football Party

All the way back in October we had a birthday party for my hubby and his brother.  They have birthdays just a few days apart.  They both love football, especially Notre Dame. (for some crazy reason!!!)  After looking around on Pinterest I decided a football party would be easy to pull off!
 We had an easy menu of brats, hot dogs, and BBQ pork sandwiches.  I found this neat "snackadium" on Pinterest.  I knew I had to make it,  it looked so cool!  I made mine a little different, but with the same idea!  I borrowed these cute little white trays from my sil, thanks Megan!  If you look at the original you can see they had a large guacamole "field" and end zones that are cheese and salsa.  Only a few of those attending will eat guacamole so I didn't want a whole field of it!  I didn't want the poor avocados to feel bad, so my field and end zones were all the same size...I think it still turned out cool!
The original had bacon wrapped hot dogs around the field, since we were already eating hot dogs I didn't want more hot dogs around the field.  It also wasn't a super healthy meal so I put carrots and celery around the field, to give us a little serving of veggies.  I used carrots and celery for players too.  We bought some brown cardstock and used that to help hold the chips,or fans, in!  The fans were potato chips,tortilla chips,Doritos, and crunchy Cheetos.  We used Slim Jim's for the goal posts.  Multiple times the fans got a little rowdy resulting in tearing down the goal posts!!  =)
The only thing I forgot was to put sour cream yard lines on the field.   This was really easy and would be awesome at any football themed party, or for the Superbowl.



  I wanted the feel of a real football game, which makes me think of hot dogs and beer! We don't drink, so instead we had IBC root beer!
Strawberry footballs, and apples with caramel were our fruit!

Brie looked at a picture of the Notre Dame Leprechaun and then drew it by hand!  I was impressed, I thought she did a great job! 


I forgot to take a picture of the dessert table!  We had football brownies, football sugar cookies, gold football helmet sugar cookies,and football Oreo truffles!  My mil made the boy's favorite dessert~ lemon lush. (among other things)  (thanks Jeanne!)  It was a footballtastic night! 

2 comments:

Megan November 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM  

Everything looks awesome, Gen!!
and tell Brie I'm VERY impressed!! Her drawing looks great!

Megan November 7, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

Oh and you're very welcome on the plates you're welcome to them anytime!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP