10/31/11

Halloween


I decided to have a fun day of school today! We don't normally do much of anything for Halloween.  I've never been totally against it, nor have I been totally for it!  A couple of weeks ago we talked a little bit about Poe and I decided that it might be fun to read some of his works for Halloween.That started my plan in motion!
  We did our math, then we read some fun Halloween stories, did some fun Halloween worksheets, listened to a fun Halloween song and read some Edgar Allan Poe.  Poe was a little difficult for us to understand.  We read "The Raven" and we read part of "The House of Usher".  It was still a good experience for us!  I don't think any of us will claim Poe as a favorite anytime soon!


I remember listening to this song in elementary school, for many years.  I still spell Halloween just as the song says. Does anyone else remember it?

Lastly...for the first time we took our kids trick-or-treating.  Like I said above I'm somewhat indifferent to Halloween. ( Not my favorite holiday!)  I 'm glad that my kids were able to go and have a lot of fun!  In case you can't tell Brie and Titus are pirates, Zeke is a mummy, and Reuben is a scarecrow!  I know they aren't the best costumes, but they were all homemade. We did have to buy  the gauze for the mummy!  (The hat hurt Reubens head, thus the sock hat under it, I know it doesn't look the best!!) (funny though!)




3 comments:

Mominin November 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM  

Love the costumes!! The girls thought Zeke was a ninja (I knew he was a mummy, though) and Reuben was a cowboy. They knew the other two were a pirate, though!! I'm glad you guys had fun. Rachel wants to know how much candy you got ... she thinks a lot because you guys have a big neighborhood, LOL.

Genesa November 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

When I wrapped Zeke's head he mentioned he looked like a ninja, except it wasn't black! Tell Rachel they only went to certain houses, (where we knew the people), so they did OK! If they had gone everywhere they would've gotten more! I think it was plenty! =)

Megan November 1, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

Looks like fun!! Great costumes!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP