1/20/12

Random Happenings

The weeks are just flying by here, how about for you? 
This past weekend we had a birthday party for this little guy!  He just turned one.  Isn't he cute!  He makes me want another little one, but unless the Lord plans for that to happen...it won't be!!   So I just have to live vicariously through my sister, and enjoy her littlest one!  I hope she doesn't mind!!!

He had an adorable sock monkey party, my sister did an excellent job with it!   I took several pictures of him enjoying his cake, because like I said I have to live vicariously and I'm trying to fully learn my camera and it's settings! 











Here I am living vicariously again!!!!  We painted our house (walls) almost a year ago, I still haven't decorated most of the rooms.   I normally have to get something on the walls, because it drives me CRAZY to have them blank.  I think I've been pretty patient, trying to take it slowly and really make it how I want it!  So in turn, most of my rooms have NOTHING on the walls!  I'm always checking out things that I like to get ideas!  I think my sisters shelves are super cute!
The real reason I'm including this picture is because I chopped my hair off.  I'd been contemplating it for a while now... It's been cut over a week now, I'm still not sure I like it!   I like parts of it, but I wish it were a little longer around my ears, but it's hair and it will grow!  C'est la vie, right!




I did mention that this was random, right?!?!?!?!
  One of the things I love about homeschooling... If you're having a rough time with math, mom can make you a peach smoothie and put it in a special glass.  Doesn't everything seem better with a goblet???  Maybe that is just my philosophy!!! 
By the way my sister in law has the best smoothie recipe ever...some water, some milk, frozen fruit, and a little bit of sugar, that's it!  I use a little less than 1/4 cup for a whole blender, and a quart bag or so of fruit!  So easy, and we love it! 
What a great way to end a school day...poetry tea.  I didn't read poetry, a novel instead. The kids painted and had hot cocoa, while I read.  It was very relaxing, we need to do it more often! (We have really enjoyed our poetry teas this year,especially when we've read poetry!)  We wrote on paper with a white crayon then painted over it, simple but wonderful effect.






2 comments:

Megan January 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM  

I really like your hair!!

Great idea with the white crayons we'll have to try that!

Mominin January 22, 2012 at 1:27 PM  

Your pictures looks great (as does your hair!!!). Thanks for coming to Alex's party ... and you can live vicariously anytime!

Painting during poetry teas ... what a great idea. I may have to steal that one.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP