1/13/09

Scripture Time

James 4:4-10

4 You adulterers![a] Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. 5 What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy?[b] 6 But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say,
“God opposes the proud but favors the humble.”[
c]
7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. 9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.


We should be examining ourselves regularly to make sure we aren't "friends" w/ the world. I think the key is farther down Come close to God and God will come close to you. If our walk w/ God is where it should be we should have a better chance of not being in the world. Our focus will be on God. I know for me it's very easy to get distracted w/ the world. I have other things that I do and think yeah I'll spend that time w/ God in a little bit. Well when a little bit comes I get distracted again and my time w/ God falls by the wayside. I hate that I do that, it makes me sick inside to think of what my saviour did for me, how much he loves me, how much I love him and yet I still fail him. I know I'm forgiven and that I'm not perfect, but I also know I need to make more of an effort.

Father~Thank you for the perfect sacrifice you made for us. Help me to be more focused on you. In your name Amen.

1 comments:

Sarah January 14, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Well said. I have always liked Psalm 73. Because I used to be a lot more of a "world Lover", and when I totally gave my life over to Christ, I still struggled. And those verses were a comfort!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP