3/6/12

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I've been on Pinterest for a while and I've seen this recipe a lot!  Several months ago I decided to give it a try.  I used the recipe from cookin up north blog.  (I  don't know if it's any different  from the other recipes out there or not.)  I followed the recipe the first time I made it.  It was really good!  The second time I made it  I decided to try to make it a bit healthier!  This recipe takes 3 sticks of butter.  I don't know about you, but that is a bit extreme to me.  I couldn't do it so I got 1 stick of butter out and decided to try it.  I wasn't sure if it would turn out OK or not.  Trust me on this, it turned out great.  I don't think you would be able to tell the difference!  A picture of it before it goes in the oven!!! (I do swirl the gooey stuff with a knife before I bake it!)


So here is a run down of what i do different. My changes are italicized out to the side!!
Cake:
3 c. flour~ whole wheat flour (soft)
1/4 tsp.salt
1 c. sugar~ 3/4 c. sugar (I just eyeball this, I use a 1c. measuring cup and never fill it up all the way!)
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. butter, melted~I use 4 Tbsp. butter (1/4 c.)

Topping:
1 c. butter, softened~ I use 1/4 c. (the rest of the stick)
1 c. brown sugar ~ 1/2 c.
2 Tbsp. flour~ 1 Tbsp
1 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix everything together except for the butter. Slowly stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For the topping, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Drop evenly over the batter and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar~ 1 c.
5 Tbsp. milk~ 2-3 Tbsp.
1 tsp. vanilla
While warm drizzle the glaze over the cake.

You won't regret trying this cake!  It is the best right out of the oven!  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Megan March 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM  

Been wanting to try this but was hating using 3 sticks!! Thanks a ton!!!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP